BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 25, 2010

The D I'm dreading.........deployment...

Still months away but I know that the day we will say "goodbye" for months is quickly approaching, and it's already breaking my heart. Wives are already begining to post quotes and songs for while our boys are away, and as I listen and read, then thought of our last kiss flashes in my head. It's 5:35 am and I have been crying a river already. Scared my wonderful husband to death when he got out of the shower...poor guy!! He came and helped me and wiped away my tears. Its the moments like that I treasurer the most, and the moments like this that will get me through this upcoming deployment. Thinking of these moments and waiting for these moments will keep me sane and give me something to smile about.
I can feel the pressure of it all coming and coming so soon, not to mention this crazy workup schedule we are dealing with literally right up until deployment. My husband is doing all he can to be very positive, as he always has been. Telling me it's still forever away, and that we will make it. I know we will and I don't doubt it. It just already hurts...sheesh how bad is it going to hurt on that day? The day the ships pulls out, taking my heart with it.
I'm very lucky to have the support team and family and friends that I do. As much as I love them all, nothing will replace the support and love I have in his arms...
For now we are going to make the best of the next couple of months and soak up all the little moments!

1 comment:

  1. You are a strong woman, hun. You can do this. I'm not going to lie to you, when that ship pulls out you'll never feel anything like it. Although I watched my husband walk away in an airport, I'm going to think it's a very similar feeling. There's so much pride and proud feelings in knowing that it's YOUR spouse (and obviously many others) that is going to fight for this country, but at the same time it's heart wrenching for them to leave. You 2 will be able to do this, and you'll come out of it stronger and better than ever! :) If you ever need anything, I'm here, and I sure hope I can help you through like you've helped me!

    ReplyDelete